Traci practiced as a Family Law Lawyer and Mediator in South Africa for 18 years before moving with her family to Calgary, Alberta in 2012. She requalified as a Barrister/Solicitor in Alberta and was called to the Bar in June 2015.
After spending a short time doing real estate legal work and also being exposed to other areas of the law whilst completing her articles, Traci is now back practicing exclusively in family law, which is the area of law she is most passionate about. Traci joined the team at Judy Boyes & Associates in April 2018.
Traci is a trained mediator and has extensive experience with alternate dispute resolution processes. She is actively involved in the alternate dispute resolution community and is currently on the Board of the Association of Family & Conciliation Courts. She provides quality, effective legal service to her clients and is committed to assisting her clients in finding appropriate solutions to their legal problems and concerns.
Traci has also appeared as counsel in all levels of the Courts of Alberta, including the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Court of Appeal.
Traci ensures that she remains current with changes in family law by regularly attending workshops, seminars and courses, as well as Family Law Conferences both in Canada and Internationally. She is currently the Co-Chair of the Internationally Trained Lawyers Section of the Canadian Bar Association.
- BJuris LLB, cum laude from the University of Port Elizabeth, South Africa (now Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University) completed 1992
- Admitted as an Attorney of the Supreme Court of South Africa on February 16, 1995
- Obtained right of appearance as an advocate in the Supreme Court of South Africa (Eastern Cape Division) on September 4, 1996
- Called to the Province of Alberta Bar on June 12, 2015
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Non-active member, Cape Law Society, South Africa
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Co-Chairperson, Internationally Trained Lawyers Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Board Member, Alberta Chapter Board of Association of Family & Conciliation Courts and Committee Chair of Communications Committee, Orientations Committee and Scholarships & Awards Committee
- Member, Calgary Bar Association