Tara G. Tiefenbach
Tara has worked with Boyes Tiefenbach & Associates from its inception on December 1, 2015.
Tara has practiced family law exclusively since 2007, and has worked with her mentor, Judy N. Boyes, Q.C. since 2009. She has extensive court and settlement experience, including mediation and arbitration. Her practice focuses on alternate dispute resolution methods of mediation and arbitration to assist her clients in reaching a fair and reasonable resolution. Her experience in the Court of Queen’s Bench allows her to effectively use the Courts for clients if required on a file.
Tara is also a Dispute Resolution Officer in the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
Tara was chosen by her colleagues as a leading family law lawyer in Canada for 2019 for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada. She was also voted by her colleagues in 2017 to be a member of the Executive of the South Family Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch. She helps organize monthly meetings on evolving issues in family law. Tara also regularly attends seminars, courses and conferences with the Legal Education Society of Alberta.
Tara earned a Bachelor of Human Justice, with Distinction from the University of Regina in 2002. She graduated with her LL.B. in 2006, with Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan.
- LL.B., with Distinction, University of Saskatchewan 2006
- BHJ, with Distinction, University of Regina 2002
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2007
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Family Law), 2019
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Dispute Resolution Officer, Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, 2019 to present
- Executive, South Family Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch 2017 to present
- Past Director, Association of Women Lawyers 2010-2012